On July 12, 2018 / admin / 0 Comments
Care of Scalp after Hair Transplant Surgery
- Avoid applying anything other than normal saline spray in the transplanted area every 2 hourly for the next 7 days.
- Take medications as advised for a period of 7 days.
- Formation of scab which appears black in colour and little crusting in the transplanted area is normal. It might feel numb for a few days.
- Slight itching in the donor area is also expected. Take Tab. Levocetrizine 5 mg once daily for relief if required after consulting your doctor regarding the same.
- Slight swelling of forehead is expected. You will need to massage the forehead with two index fingers starting from the centre and milking away towards the temples. This maneuver can be done 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. The swelling will subside in 2 â€“ 3 days.
- Avoid any activities that could result in injury to the transplanted area.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for a period of 10 days.
- Take normal healthy diet.
- Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.