On October 11, 2018 / admin / 0 Comments
Photography in Hair Transplantâ€¦ and why is it so essential
Capturing a moment on the lens makes it stay forever. That being true it has much more serious implications in our lives. As a Hair Transplant institution which has been working hard in making things better every day; the camera has always played a crucial role.
It has helped us document all the finer details which make us stand proudly where we are now. Â
The camera has pointed out our mistakes and celebrated our fine work. It has almost become a person; like a constant friend who has our back.
Having said that, we also need to treat the camera right. The camera sees what we see and vice versa. Knowing to use it to give you that one perfect shot needs understanding and training, while some are born naturally.
We have compiled huge data full of photographs of our past clients so that whenever required we can access them to assess their improvement over the years and discuss the next course of action if need be. This has enabled us as well as our clients in monitoring the results.
We take photographs at the following steps:
- Pre-op: this gives us at what stage you were when you walked in.
- Post Hairline design: this gives us the original plan we will execute and the area we will cover.
- Post trimming: this gives us a good look at both the recipient and the donor areas after trimming your hair short while helps us analyse better.
- Post op: this gives us the job completed after the surgery is done.
- Post 1st head wash: this allows us to see the beauty created which is yet to bloom. Like seeing a new born while we are still hopeful to see what happens next.
- Monthly and yearly: these subsequent shots are the ultimate, the one we yearn for since the beginning. The outcome after putting our heart and soul in it.
It may look like a lot, but every photograph has its own importance and is worth it. We take it seriously in our practice in documenting every detail through photographs and otherwise making every account effortless and transparent.
By Dr Priyadarshini Das